Executive Leadership and Governance
Dynamic Executive Leadership and Governance
Knowledgeable executive management and Board of Directors services streamline and advance your decision-making and implementation practices by developing the resources and policies for growth.
- Strategic planning
- Board, committee and organizational development
- Board liaison, support and reporting
- Board member transition and orientation
- Management of Board nomination/election process
- Marketecture™ strategic analysis
- Maintain and update all governance documents
CMA provides end-to-end strategic planning and governance consultation, support and implementation to help your Board of Directors move your organization’s mission and overarching goals for leadership forward.
Marketecture is CMA’s proprietary strategic planning process to identify an association’s current and future challenges and opportunities. Marketecture analyzes how prospective/current members and industry influencers perceive your organization’s programs, services and attributes in relation to their own needs and objectives. This evaluative process includes full participation by Board members and results in a blueprint for organizational direction, marketing strategy, key messaging and new program development.
Comprehensive Administrative Headquarters Capabilities
CMA serves as your physical and administrative headquarters for professional day-to-day organizational coordination and execution of all administrative and membership management needs.
- Coordination of Board meetings and minutes
- Headquarters staff capabilities and technologies
- Member/dues processing, billing and database management
- Web-based membership management software
- Credit card acceptance accounts
- Inquiry management via telephone, telefax and email
- Onsite meeting and storage space
CMA manages databases, mailings, dues renewal, event registrations, member surveys and requests for information while providing back-office solutions and on-site support for events. Our web-based membership management software is custom-designed for associations. The software integrates our association clients’ data, business processes and member services so that CMA can seamlessly engage your members and increase non-dues revenue.
Expert Financial Management
CMA provides associations with turnkey in-house financial oversight, and CPA financial and tax services to support a results-driven focus on financial goals.
- Receive all revenues and handle deposits, invoicing and collection
- CPA financial, tax, audit and reporting services
- Regular preparation of balance sheets, Profit & Loss statements and other financial reports
- Assist Board in annual budget preparation
- Provide merchant banking/processing capability
- Investment management
We offer comprehensive CFO-level association financial services to comprehensively analyze and manage your association’s financial affairs. We collect dues, manage investments, coordinate independent audits and can handle all banking and financial reporting functions. CMA also provides expertise via an established relationship with an independent, peer-reviewed CPA firm.
Winning Member Services and Strategies
CMA supports development, implementation and administration of innovative member services to drive membership recruitment and retention and support the growth and financial health of your organization.
- Member services/program development
- Membership growth/recruitment strategies
- Affinity and certification programs
- Continuing education and awards programs
- Membership recruitment and renewal administration
- Analysis/recommendations to enhance member benefits
- Chapter management and communications
Expanded member services enhance an association’s member value while propelling membership growth opportunities. From member database management and prospect outreach to professional certification, affinity and continuing education programs, CMA takes a proactive approach to achieve dramatic success through development of member services and membership growth.
Meet with Success
The planning and execution of regional, national or global meetings of all sizes—including board meetings, seminars, conventions, trade shows, conferences and special events—are among CMA’s strongest core competencies.
- Research locations, site selection, site negotiation and vendor contracts
- Develop and coordinate event budget
- Program and theme development, sponsor and speaker sourcing
- Turnkey on-site event management
- Coordination of all on-site hotel arrangements, food and beverage, audiovisual, transportation and special events
- Comprehensive event marketing, public relations and onsite communications
CMA has managed meetings throughout the U.S. and around the globe. Our turnkey onsite meeting and trade show management services take the responsibility for logistical arrangements and event details off your shoulders—so you can focus on important program, networking and event objectives.
We maintain contacts and relationships with hotels, convention centers, exhibit services, speakers’ bureaus and entertainment providers throughout the world, and possess a high level of experience in contract preparation and negotiation with service providers.